Thursday, July 23, 2015

Quake

Lately, I've been in and out of existence creating shit.  Pressure makes diamonds.  Its been a rough 4 months and I'm not gonna hide it.  But music is what lifted me from a hard time & this was the outcome and is the beginning of a beautiful project.  I wrote, like I used to years ago.

Could you stand normality?
What I meant to say was I miss you.
I mean, we strive so hard to keep shit normal;
Go day by the day to do what makes us feel sane
We go by grooves, swings and hangs of things
Nine to fives or five to nines
With him, with her, with them
from the crib to the bar to the studio
But you breathe and let it sink in.
We avoid what makes our life a mess
But these days the mess is what I miss.
I gravitate to what's true to my heart
The passion, chaos I left all that in the dark
But today what I don't have is my bliss.

I try to live my life good and well
But you dance your way back in
Maybe my conscience ain't clear but dreams.
They never lied to me.
And the last words ever said was we couldn't
But I'm trippin like maybe, just maybe...
You should've hurt as much as I did when u said that.
Fuck we were a tragedy but a pretty one at that.
Today. Everything is perfect. Everything is normal.
Everything is as it should.
But I still be prayin' on an earthquake, love.

And from this came a song, made and recorded entirely on GarageBand, called Quake.



No comments:

Post a Comment